Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Welcome to the Holiday Tour of Our House

Welcome to our Living Room...Ali just happened to be watching Rudolf on tv when I was taking these pictures!!
Here are our shadow boxes filled with Christmas things. Chris' mom helped me to decorate this year...I like the new touches! The stacking dolls are Alexandra's...one from Poland from Uncle Colin and one from Nana from Alaska. We also have a tradition of giving Ali a new Christmas book every year. I put them away with the decorations so that they are exciting to look at during this time of year...one book is on display on the shelf. The book she chose this year was a Dora Christmas book!! :)

I put the girls Christmas pictures in frames...they turned out so cute. I almost like the ones I took better than the professional ones just because they show the girls personalities. Lizzie waving her arms, Ali putting her arm around Lizzie...so cute.


The mantel...Look at the wooden snowmen and Santa hand made by Oma!! The stocking were knit by my Aunt Lynn!




Chris always loved a real tree...but this year we thought we'd save some money (in the long run) and buy a fake one. Ali took some cues from him and said, "I don't want a tree from a box!!" but it looks nice and I don't have to remember to water it!! :) Alexandra has chosen her favorite ornaments and likes to organize them by year. She doesn't want them on the tree...just in the lines she has put them in on the table! She loves having her OWN ornaments...we have kept the tradition from my mom and given her an ornament each year representing something from that year. It's so much fun to look at all the ones I have from almost my whole life and I'm so glad that Ali likes having her own also!



No comments: