Saturday, March 20, 2010

A leprechaun caming visiting!

We usually don't really do anything for St. Patrick's Day because our families don't have any ties to Ireland or those traditions...but I always had my kindergarten classes do fun things about leprechauns in March. So, I thought it would be fun to make leprechaun catchers and try to catch those sneaky little guys! The day before, we painted boxes green and decorated them with rainbows and gold coins to try to entice the leprechauns inside the box to catch them! Then they would have to give us their gold!! So, we put them out the night before and in the morning we saw that we hadn't caught a leprechaun BUT he left us some green candy, leprechaun books, poems, and coloring pages!! (I love putting my old kindergarten supplies to good use for my own family!) The girls were very excited and liked reading the books and poems!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: