Monday, November 30, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

We are so THANKFUL that Oma & Opa could come out to celebrate with us this year. I am so thankful for Oma's expertise in the kitchen...everything came out hot at the same time and was SO delicious! Thanks Oma!
After we started eating, we had a couple different ways to share what we were thankful for. Ali and I made name cards (turkeys made out of our hands) and on the back we had everyone write one thing they were thankful for. We then collected them, read them out loud without names, and had people guess who wrote what. It was cute...although most people wrote "my family" so it was harder to guess! Ali wrote "my friends" and we wrote "Dora" for Lizzie!! We also had 3 kernals of corn on every plate and everyone had to say 3 things they were thankful for. I am thankful for my lovely family, for our health, for Chris' job that makes him happy, for being able to stay at home with the girls, for my kind husband, my sweet daughters, our 3 sets of grandparents for the girls, lots of aunts and uncles for the girls, our house, our new neighbors...okay that's more than three things.

Ali was being a bit crazy and Oma and Opa were protecting Lizzie from the "EAR PULLING MONSTER!!"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: