Saturday, February 13, 2010

Friendship Party

Thanks Nana and Poppa for the matching Valentine's Day skirts!! The girls are all dressed up for Ali's preschool party.

I can't believe Ali only has 3 more months of preschool...I registered her for kindergarten starting in the fall. I can't believe she'll be gone every afternoon every day! I know Lizzie will miss her and I will too! When I was teaching full-day kindergarten I thought all kids need to be in kindergarten for a full day because they were learning so much! But now that I'm a Mom...I wouldn't want Ali to leave me all day long when she's still so little!! :) But here in Missouri the kids only go for a half day which will be perfect for her (and me!)
Her teachers Mrs. Miller and Mrs. Feeney...they are GREAT! I'm always so impressed at how positive and patient they are. They also say that Ali is doing really well! Out of curiousity, I gave Ali my kindergarten assessment to see how much she knows and what literacy skills she might need to work on. Well, I guess our blog is a safe place to brag...she is at the END of the year of kindergarten level in all areas that I tested. I didn't even know she knew so many sight words...so she can read some little books we have at home. It's so exciting! She told our neighbor, "I CAN READ!" We are so proud!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: