Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kites & Gardens

It was our first time flying kites with the girls...picture this: a lovely sunny day with a bit of a breeze, I hold up the kite for the wind to catch it, Ali runs down across all the neighbors yards (no fences!) with her kite trailing behind her, Elizabeth following with her kite behind her. OH it was SO cute and perfect! And then....TWO SECONDS later when they got to the end of the yards they said, "I'm so tired and SO HOT! I want to go INSIDE!" (NOOOO...not INSIDE...we've been inside for the last SIX months...I think I might go crazy if we go INSIDE!!! AHHHh!)

So, later after they have rested INSIDE, Daddy comes home and I tell them to show him how they flew their kites. Only Elizabeth took the bait and went outside again. So, Daddy and Elizabeth got the kite flying...and are laughing and smiling and...TWO SECONDS later the string breaks! Kite flying is over. Ah well...it was a beautiful few seconds!


This summer what I want to be longer than a TWO second memory is a beautiful garden!! Last year my garden was a weed patch. This year I am resolved to make a GORGEOUS one! So, this weekend we started with our pots out front. We planted basil. Oh, I LOVE fresh basil! (Oh but I just thought about this...I planted seeds that I had from last year which now the package says is expired...is that true? Do seeds really expire? Should I buy new ones??? Help me please!)

1 comment:

Melanie Anne said...

That is hilarious!! What cuties you have! It looks like you are having nice weather! I am anxious to get some basil going too. I have never planted it from seed. I always just get those plants from the Nursery. I would not think that the seeds expire that quickly. I bet the plants will come up just fin-but I will be interested to see:)