Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Days of School

 Alexandra started 2nd grade! She started school in early August...it seemed like a short summer and Lizzie & I missed her during the day! But she has an awesome teacher and is in class with Bailey again (below)! She seems happy there and is, as always, such a good student! (I am SO thankful!!) It was also fun to go shopping with her for her new back to school outfit. Her favorite store is Justice and I took her to the mall and we tried on outfits for her and she also gave me ideas for new clothes for me! It was maybe the first time we went shopping just the two of us at the mall. We shared a berry smoothie (which actually got on her new outfit....but I managed to get the stain out!) and it was a lovely afternoon with my lovely daughter!
 One of my favorite stories of Ali recently is one night a few weekends ago Chris and I just didn't feel like doing the bedtime routine...we were tired and just wanted to watch a movie. So, Chris paid Ali $5 to put Lizzie and herself in bed. Elizabeth was in the right mood and enjoyed taking directives from CareTaker Ali...they brushed teeth, Ali read stories, and Lizzie got tucked in! When we went to check on them, Ali was in her reading chair reading her own book "Puppy Place" and all ready for bed! We were SO impressed and proud of her! It was awesome and Chris and I got to enjoy some quiet time watching Mad Men!
 Three weeks after Ali started school, Elizabeth started her second year of preschool. We switched preschools this year so that she could go 3 days a week and it's at a Lutheran Church and I love it! They have a great curriculum and the teacher is SO sweet! For some reason I was really anxious that Lizzie would be so bored while Ali was in school. But we have managed so far to keep busy doing things or be happy at home...I thought those 3 weeks would be forever long but the time goes so fast!!
(Elizabeth's preschool friend who was in her class last year also!!) My favorite story about Elizabeth recently is that even when Ali isn't around, Lizzie will be thinking of her sister. For example, she got this sticker book to keep her busy while Ali is in school and Lizzie said that she wouldn't do some of the pages because she wanted to save some for Ali. She is so thoughtful and sweet!!

No comments: