Saturday, September 11, 2010

Apples and Ferries

On the way home from Apple Picking we took the ferry across the Mississippi River (or wait...was it the Missouri River?) I think the last time I was on a ferry was when I lived in Costa Rica and regularly had to across the the water on a ferry to get anywhere from my little town. While we were waiting for this ferry, I looked around our car at my sweet husband and beautiful children and if I could have seen my future when I was in Costa Rica (where I was a bit lonely at times) I would have been SOOO happy! So, I need to remember to appreciate ALL I have now...I am so blessed.


We got some good apples this year but the blackberries were all gone...too bad! But it's just fun to start some fall activities and finally get to be outside again. This summer was SO hot!


I love this picture because Ali HATES apples and I made her pretend to pick an apple just for the photo! She is crazy because she hates apples but LOVES applesauce, apple juice, apple pie, and freeze dried apples...my crazy picky eater!



1 comment:

Melanie Anne said...

That looks so fun! that last picture of Ali is so cute! She just looks so grown up! She is a very pretty little girl. I have got to find a pick it yourself orchard around here. My boys would love that. You are such a fun MOm! I wish you were closer!