Sunday, October 10, 2010

A full house!

Uncle Colin, Doug, Oma and Opa and Ali around our fire pit outside...I loved having so many people at our house...it was really fun! We had air mattresses in 3 different areas plus the guest room being used...it was quite cozy!
Playing a game of cards after all the guys got back from their trip! They looked a bit tired but had a great time in Iowa!

I loved planning meals and everything for so many people! I got all of my recipes from my friend Melanie's amazing cooking blog!! :) Thanks Melanie! I love trying new recipes and making homemade things but I get some resistance from the little girls in my house....so when I get a chance to make a lot of grown up food... I love it! We had Honey-Lime Enchiladas, Minestrone soup, Frank's hot sauce chicken tacos, Pesto Pizza, Chocolate Truffle Sauce over ice cream, Granola for breakfast...YUM!!






1 comment:

Melanie Anne said...

Wow--you ahve been busy! I just finished reading thru all your recent posts! I am so happy that you enjoy sisterscafe! It sounds like you had quite the crowd to cook for too! How fun! I love the tradition of an anual fuys football trip. I will have to share that idea with Brad. He would love that! And having the wives come was a brilliant idea! WHat a blast! The trip to NY sounds wonderful too! Brad and I have been planning a NY getaway and a family camping trip for awhile, but never seem to get it to work. I will try harder:) They both look so fun! Glad you are doing so well! Love you!
PS your girls look so darling in the matching halloween outfits! Did you make them??